[fedora-arm] Hardware Crypto Offload on Kirkwood (SheevaPlug)

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Sun May 22 01:11:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

In case anyone is interested, I got this working on F13. It required
building the cryptodev kernel module and rebuilding the standard F13
OpenSSL package with three additional parameters (the cryptodev support
is already in the standard OpenSSL package sources, it just isn't
enabled in the default build).

More details available here:
http://www.altechnative.net/?p=174

Any chance we can have cryptodev enabled in the standard package build?
I cannot see any drawbacks to having it available - when cryptodev
device isn't there, it will simply fall back to the software
implementation. (Note: required cryptodev header file provided by the
external kernel driver).

Gordan