[fedora-arm] Installing Fedora on a Tablet with Infotmic OMAP x210 processor

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 21:49:59 UTC 2011

On Nov 6, 2011, at 1:55 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Fedora arm on a tablet with the Infotmic OMAP x210 processor.

The manufacturer's page states that is an InfoTMIC IMAPx210 You might have more success for searching for information using the correct name.

Which would indicate it is ARM v6 instruction set ( as stated at http://www.goclever.net/en/tablet/356-TAB-I101-.html )

> My question is:
>
> 1) would it be possible to use the existing uImage kernel to boot it with Fedora?
>
> 2) Does anyone know where I could get the arm subarch patches (if required)
> in order to compile a new kernel for it?

Ask the manufacturer to comply with the GPL and give you the source if it has not been upstreamed.