[fedora-arm] Koji status update

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Thu Nov 17 19:04:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 02:55 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> Folks,
>
> My take on current progress is that we have a lot of packages with
> bits still needing to head upstream, and we have a number of package
> deltas between v5 and v7, but the core set of packages we actually
> need to get a minimal build done is about there. Minus:
>
> * gcc - making sure the bitfields patches are in place for v5
> * glibc - delta needs attention
>
> I'm not so concerned about lorax and anaconda at this stage, and I
> don't think we have critical reps on python3. In reading through the
> package lists again tonight on DJ's graphs, I can't help but think we
> could partially import enough packages to get Koji running almost
> immediately tomorrow, then pull in the rest as we get that resolved.
> Assuming that is the case, we should focus on gcc and glibc
> reconciliation and get this going asap.

I agree with going with what we've currently got package-wise. But
saying "we should start building today" or "get Koji running...tomorrow"
is missing the point.

We're ready to go the moment we have finished these tasks:
- the gcc/glibc issues are resolved
- we've pruned the package sets back to the same core
- every change/patch in those package sets has been upstreamed
- the hub and builders have been successfully set up and tested with
patched koji/rpm/yum etc.

Work on all these pieces is proceeding in parallel (assuming that
someone's on the gcc/glibc piece (who?)). We're not blocking on any one
piece, but we have to finish these four before hitting 'Go'.

-Chris