[fedora-arm] Koji status update

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 02:59:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 21:55 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:

> > I think this is straightforward. We include in the repos only the build
> > requirements to build a buildroot and start with that. Do some closure
> > tests on that set and make sure the same packages exist for v5 and v7. I
> > suspect someone could turn that around tomorrow.
>
> Rewording this to make more sense, what I mean is:
>
> 1). Establish correctly named mirrors in Seneca of the arm and armhfp
> form, in which the exact same packages are present in both. Initially
> form this simply by removing packages not in both v5 and v7 now. That
> ought to be fairly simply (DJ's script output can help there).
>
> 2). With all of those packages possibly available, start by building
> only a buildroot and its deps. If that works, it's a great achievement.
> I would ideally like us to reach this point before US Thanksgiving takes
> a bunch of us offline this time next week. I think it's doable.

3). With a minimal buildroot (a subset of stage3, which was to get mock
working but wound up also making a bootable system - though stage3 is
fine too for simplicity as a set to built initially) set of packages
built, set that up as a new repo and have it favored in preference to
the external one for building the rest. Then a mass rebuild of packages
present in v5 and v7 from the external repos can begin.

Jon.