[fedora-arm] GCC status update

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Nov 21 01:23:48 UTC 2011

mån 2011-11-21 klockan 11:23 +1300 skrev Michael Hope:

> Let me know if Linaro can help.  I see that Joey Ye from ARM is
> working in this area as well.

Current GCC topics are

a) More in depth analysis of the first patch in GCC PR #50521 which aims
to fix code generation issues in volatile bitfields accesses. There is
some test cases in the PR illustrating the problem (another cpu arch,
but also applies to arm). It is unknown to me if linaro have other fixes
in this area not yet found in gcc trunk.

b) Identifying other ARM critical GCC bugfixes in the linary tree which
have not yet made it into gcc-4.6 and try to push those to 4.6 where
possible. So far we have hit another volatile bitfields issue in expr.c
fixed by gcc trunk change 171347 (from linaro origin, no PR #
identified) and PR #48190, also of linaro origin.

Regards
Henrik