[fedora-arm] GCC status update

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Mon Nov 21 02:33:24 UTC 2011

2011/11/21 Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>:
> mån 2011-11-21 klockan 11:23 +1300 skrev Michael Hope:
>
>> Let me know if Linaro can help.  I see that Joey Ye from ARM is
>> working in this area as well.
>
> Current GCC topics are
>
> a) More in depth analysis of the first patch in GCC PR #50521 which aims
> to fix code generation issues in volatile bitfields accesses. There is
> some test cases in the PR illustrating the problem (another cpu arch,
> but also applies to arm). It is unknown to me if linaro have other fixes
> in this area not yet found in gcc trunk.

We work upstream so, sorry, we don't have a fix for that one.

> b) Identifying other ARM critical GCC bugfixes in the linary tree which
> have not yet made it into gcc-4.6 and try to push those to 4.6 where
> possible.

I'll bring this up at our next meeting.

> So far we have hit another volatile bitfields issue in expr.c
> fixed by gcc trunk change 171347 (from linaro origin, no PR #
> identified)

This is LP: #675347:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/+bug/675347

which is also:

> and PR #48190, also of linaro origin.

This is also LP: #714921.  The second half of the fix may be too big
for the 4.6 release branch but we'll talk about it in the meeting.

-- Michael