[fedora-arm] gcj on ARM

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:35:07 UTC 2011

2011/11/15 Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com>:
> On 11/15/2011 05:25 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> We are currently slightly stuck in getting GNU Java to work properly on our
>>> ARM (hf) builds. Something breaks in the unrolling of exceptions.
>>> IIUC Fedora already managed to get Java running and I don't want to waste
>>> too much time in duplicated efforts.
>
> It's the glibc bug:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2011-08/msg00000.html

  Many thanks for the link. It actually took me some time to work again on my
"arm port chroot", but with glibc rebuilt with that patch the fedora
openjdk works
in my mandriva armv7hl builld.

  The patch did not work to bootstrap openjdk with gcj, and should be
unrelated...
so, I did "cheat" and do the dirty way of "rpm -Uvh --nodeps --noscritps" the
fedora java-1.6.0-openjdk and java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel packages, then adapt
to use the %post from the mandriva package; directory layout is basically the
same.

  After building the openjdk packages with the fedora ones, then removing
(again --nodeps --noscripts) and installing the generated Mandriva ones, it is
right now finishing rebuilding again...

  So, the only thing I did not manage to do was to bootstrap with gcj; it
appears only gij is problematic, usually it fails early with an
"Index out of bounds" exception. I should be missing some gcc patch...

> Andrew.

Thanks,
Paulo