[fedora-arm] rpm version of bootstrap scripts

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:42:46 UTC 2011

  Hi,

  I made a rpm version of stage1 of DJ Delorie bootstrap scripts, and
added the stage2 scripts to the sysroot.

  You can see the spec file at
http://svn.mandriva.com/viewvc/packages/cooker/cross-arm/current/SPECS/cross-arm.spec?view=markup

  It is based on, and works as an upgrade for my first attempt at
getting an arm toolchain inplace several months ago, when I
made a package built from sources of codesourcery 2010.09,
but now it has been rebuilt using actual Mandriva packages,
using among others, gcc-4.6-20111007,  binutils-2.22.51,
glibc-2.14-121-g5551a7b, etc.

  Unlike the first cross-arm package I did (with armv4, armv5 and armv7
sysroots), now it only generates an armv7 sysroot. The package is
mainly intended for kernel cross compilation, but should be good
enough for providing a chroot with all tools for stage2.

  It is highly customized to the Mandriva port I am working on, and
should be usable later on when/if switching to hardfp on armv7. For
now it uses the softfp abi, and has a few other differences from fedora
on version of cloog/ppl, rpm5, etc, but otherwise it is very close to
fedora, and may be of interest to people in this mailing list.

Thanks,
Paulo