[fedora-arm] arv7hl SRPM status updates

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Oct 13 13:57:59 UTC 2011

tor 2011-10-13 klockan 02:25 -0400 skrev Jon Masters:

> Henrik, what do you think? Do we have enough of these packages under
> control that a VFAD is overkill? Or is there benefit in having one? I
> would love to get to next week with basically everything done on v7 :)

What worries me mostly for koji timeplan is the toolchain. It's pretty
core to getting things running and there is currently no eta on when
thechanges in these will get cleaned up and/or merged mainline. There is
also a slight worry that there may be regressions in gcc updates.

gcc, glibc, java-*, ecj.

Then there is rpm & yum, but dgilmore should be ontop of those I think.

Most of the other stuff are pretty trivial, but still requires some
effort to get done.

plus that there quite likely still is F15 packages that is needed for
release but still failing to build. But those can be addressed after
moving to koji I think.

What's currently left in the armv7hl repository are:

(There is bug reports on more packages, but bugzilla currently down for
maintenance)

stage3-only:

allegro
ecj
firebird
gdm
graphviz
gtkmm24  (Bug #740790)
libdc1394 (probably Bug #715762)
libgphoto2 (Bug #745081, supposed to be mainline but F15 build failed)
libvpx
perl-Coro
perl-Tk
rrdtool (now in build queue)
u-boot (new package, do not exists in F15)
w3m

stage4:

anaconda
gcc
glibc
gypsy
java-1.6.0-openjdk
java-1.5.0-gcj
mysql
ocaml
python-pyblock
pyxf86config
rpm
xulrunner
yum
pl

haskell/ghc:

ghc-*
alex
bluetile
cabal-install
cln
cpphs
haddock
happy
kaya
xmonad

The haskell/ghc changes are not blocking koji and are all trivial
armv7hl arch additions. Mainly waiting for armv5tel to catch up a little
making it meaningful to attempt to bootstrap ghc there, and the koji
builds can start just fine without ghc I think.

Regards
Henrik