[fedora-arm] U-Boot?

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 21:25:01 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 12:22 PM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> Should Fedora for ARM officially support for some well known boards?

I would like to see Fedora ARM installable on popular ARM boards by
conventional installation mechanisms (IE, anaconda) without any
additional steps necessary.

> Do you think Fedora should provide the bootloader for well known boards
> where the required board support is merged mainline?

If the bootloader is in flash, lets use the bootloader that is provided.
  If the bootloader needs to come from the OS install, the OS install
should provide it.  As an example using today's hardware that would mean
using the Trimslice's built-in uboot, but providing a uboot for the
Pandaboard during install-time.  This will hopefully increase Fedora ARM
adoption.

Assuming somebody is willing to take this maintainership role, is there
any objection to the above?

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com