[fedora-arm] U-Boot?

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:35:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Brendan Conoboy <blc at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 02:32 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
>> Thanks for asking it. I thought we'd already pretty much decided to
>> "support" TrimSlice and PandaBoard/BeagleBoard for example.
>
> That's certainly what we've done with the kernel so far.
>
> Let me precede the following by saying I don't think anybody is
> advocating updating the uboot in flash, so the following is exclusively
> with regard to systems which store their uboot where Anaconda will want
> to overwrite.  Let's break down the possibilities for how to handle that:
>
> 1. Provide no uboot under any circumstances as part of the install.
>
> 2. Provide a mechanism that pulls uboot images from a non-Fedora
> location during install-time if needed for the intended installation target.
>
> 3. Provide a mechanism that pulls uboot images from a non-Fedora
> location during installer image composition, if needed for the intended
> installation target.

adding my 2cents..

I've had good luck with something like 2/3 with my setup_sdcard.sh
scripts that i've hosted for the last year..

At sd card generation time, i ping my server at:
http://rcn-ee.net/deb/tools/latest/bootloader

which contains a list of board -> bootloader files..  So far
supporting 4 omap and 2 freescale targets..  and can be updated later
in the field..

You might have to define a "board/system" manager to make sure what
ever board boot files are posted are valid/work/etc by 3rd parties..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/