[fedora-arm] U-Boot?

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Fri Oct 14 17:54:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 10:15 -0700, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 10/14/2011 07:20 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Do we have a list of "popular (and easy to support) ARM platform"?
> > Would this include e.g. the SheevaPlug, GuruPlug, and/or DreamPlug
> > kirkwood-based devices?
>
> In the context of the discussion, it appears the Dreamplug (And
> presumably earlier plugs) keep their uboot in flash, so they are a
> non-issue for uboot inclusion.

Note that the GuruPlug ships with a broken uboot, which uses the wrong
machine identifier. To use a mainline kernel, you must munge the kernel
machine ID or update the GuruPlug's uboot.

> They're certainly popular devices and if
> somebody wants to add kirkwood support to the kernel we're working with
> that would be a wonderful addition.

The phrase "the kernel we're working with" caught my eye. Which kernel
are we talking about?

(I've heard but have not verified that the Kirkwood and OMAP patch sets
used to be pretty much mutually-exclusive; I haven't tried to build a
unified kernel and hope this has been fixed).

-Chris