[fedora-arm] Fedora 16

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Oct 19 03:09:34 UTC 2011

hey everyone,

So ive done some thinking, and talked with some of the stakeholders.
Ive come to the conclusion that we should skip f16 and shoot straight
for rawhide. two reasons for this. one to become a primary arch at some
point we need to be caught up and doing releases at the same time. my
long term goal is for arm to become a primary arch and the second
reason why i think that we should skip f16 is that its easier to get
help from maintainers when doing things in rawhide.  I wanted to get a
quick note out there to get discussion going.

I suspect there are some pieces of f16 we will need to build to get
things right. and if we get caught up quickly and can follow the
branching from rawhide to f17  there is no reason we cant back track
around and do f16 i just feel that once we get f15 done we should get
moving towards parity. and showing that arm works and can keep up and
follow along.

Dennis