[fedora-arm] Fedora 16

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:30:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM,  <omalleys at msu.edu> wrote:
> Quoting DJ Delorie <dj at redhat.com>:
>

>>> I thought we should have skipped F15,
>>
>> Back when I started, F16 was just a glimmer, and deemed too much of a
>> moving target.  V5tel was still working on F13 and so targetting F15
>> was, at that point, already skipping a release
>
> It is all good. F17 is just a glimmer right now too. However since the
> base most likely isn't making any major jumps with the F15 it forms a
> nice foundation for a jump to 17.

Yes, especially know where the gcc and associated build chain are very
similar in F-16 and F-15 (ie gcc 4.6.x based) but that may change in
the 17 cycle so the sooner we start building the quicker we can get in
lock step with mainline. F-16 dev is winding down, very soon F-17 will
be ramping up.

>>> that have been made to verify they made it into the mainline
>>> f15/f16/rawhide packages?
>>
>> http://djdelorie.fedorapeople.org/armv7-srpms.html
>>
>> The two purple categories are packages that need patches (either just
>> the spec file, or actual code changes too) pushed upstream.
>>
> How many of these have been submitted upstream?

I suspect very few, there's only about 100 odd there so it shouldn't
take long to get them upstreamed.

One question I have looking at a number of the spec patches... why is
in most cases is "armv7hl" uses as the arch instead of %{arm} ?