[fedora-arm] F15 version of crash has build issues on ARM

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:42:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Niels de Vos <devos at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Dennis and all,
>
> I tried to build crash, but unfortunately this failed. Dave Anderson
> fixed the problem in Rawhide, can you maybe update the package for the
> ARM F15 repo somehow?
> - Bug 734607: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=261602
>
> For PPC it seems that it is acceptable to include newer packages than
> the primary-arch Fedora release. Maybe that is possible for ARM in
> future as well?
>
> I'm wondering what the best practise is to report issues like build
> failures, an specially the ones that are fixed in a newer release. Any
> pointers?

I'd actually updated it quite a while ago to fix build issues on arm,
it built OK on armv5tel with version 5.1.2 (not sure about hardfp) but
generally I would open a bug to get a response from the maintainer
either an "yep, I'll update it", "yep, no probs if you update it" or
"no, I don't want it updated for reason X".