[fedora-arm] Include prelink in fedora arm?

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 17:42:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:28:56 +0200, Jon wrote:
> We like randomized addresses, improves security so exploit code cannot
> anticipate the address.
> Prelinked address might improve startup speed, but I'm not convinced the
> speedup is worth the risk.

Executables where any such randomization can bring security benefits are
already built as PIE and prelink has no effect on such executables.

There has never been made any security compromise for prelink.

> I feel prelink should be disabled in fedora completely.

Are you going to also ask for -O0 compilation for better debuggability with
debuginfo rpms?

Thanks,
Jan