[fedora-arm] Include prelink in fedora arm?

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Tue Sep 6 17:53:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 07:22:37PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:15:45 +0200, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Personally, I would consider prelink a 'ok, we have everything working
> > now, and we want to look at making it faster' instead of enabling it
> > before everything is working or building.
>
> I agree That makes sense (although I do not think the prelink issues will be
> ARM specific and they are already resolved on other arches; I may be wrong).

There could be ARM specific bugs. The Systemtap testsuite
(packaged as systemtap-testsuite) for example contains some
explicit checks to see whether or not you can properly observe
prelinked executables. So having the prelink package available
on ARM would at least help us all test and make sure prelink
works as intended. So please do include the package, if only
so people can do some measurements to check whether the startup
speedup is "just" 10% or even up to 50% on their machines.

Cheers,

Mark