[fedora-arm] Include prelink in fedora arm?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Sep 9 08:07:03 UTC 2011

tor 2011-09-08 klockan 12:31 +0100 skrev Peter Robinson:

> I agree. Most of the discussion in this thread seems to be based upon
> opinion not raw facts. Alot of the prelink stuff seems to come down to
> certain preferences or use case. I think we should follow upstream,
> its not like it can't be enabled/disable on a case by case basis
> anyway.

Agreed, and it's trivial to disable prelink if you do not want it.
Simply do not install the prelink package on your system and things will
carry on as usual with no prelinking getting done. This can be done
either manually during install by selecting to customize the package
set, in an install kickstart, or after the install. If done after
install then you may want to tell prelink to undo the prelinking first.

So far I have not seen any ARM specific arguments at all regarding why
prelink is less suitable on ARM in all cases than on the other arches.

Specific use cases is handled by selecting if you want prelink installed
or not, just as is done for the other arches.

Regards
Henirk