[fedora-arm] Slow USB storage on A9 processors

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Sep 9 20:19:18 UTC 2011

fre 2011-09-09 klockan 12:36 +0100 skrev Peter Robinson:

> I know it was discussed a while ago how the USB storage on PandaBoards
> was slow, not sure what the resolution was but saw this article on LWN
> that looks like our problem there for those that might not have seen
> the post elsewhere and are interested.

Had heard of it earlier and have now read the discussions around this
and seems there is not yet any real conclusion to the actual cause of
the problems or whats the correct fix. Some may be explained by the
write buffering delays, but that do not explain why the performance
problem is not seen when using nosmp.

Regards
Henrik