[fedora-arm] [Fwd: Multiple ABI architectures (parallel installation, detection, handling)]

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 11:08:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 06:57 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> > Currently, we have a hacked up RPM binary that introduces e.g.:
> >
> > * armv7hl
> > * armv7nhl (MeeGo disagrees on this and calls it "hnl" btw)
> > * armv7thl [1]

Dennis and Panu can explain neon if anyone really cares, or I will be
online later at some point. But it's not really an issue from an ABI
point of view. The issue is hardfp vs. non-hardfp and in more general
handling within RPM for multi-ABI. I like that term, multi-ABI. I think
I'll take out a trademark ;)

Jon.