[fedora-arm] Thumb mode IT instruction requirements and -mimplicit-it assembler flag

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Sep 19 08:13:27 UTC 2011

mån 2011-09-19 klockan 03:13 -0400 skrev Jonathan Masters:
> Right. I wrote that then realized I was thinking rpmbuild not mock. I
> blame it on being pulled in other directions while working on the
> weekend ;) So anyway, we should fix this in the am by getting the
> stage4 macros changed accordingly and rebuilding the mock buildroot.
> Can do an updated set of images afterwards.

Currently I would prefer we wait a bit with the rebuild. We are now
doing a distro bootstrap, identifying and solving package build and
dependency bootstrap issues.

What I propose is instead that we either

a) Add the proposed compiler flags making thumb mode less of an issue in
building packages.

b) Disable thumb mode in the default compiler flags.

and continue the distribution bootstrap.

There is not many packages having thumb related build issues. But surely
if Thumb2 mode is not a target for the armv7hl then there is no reason
speding time on shaking out any Thumb2 related issues.

If there is sufficient build nodes then we may also start a stage5,
doing a complete mock rebuild again. But honestly I do no see this being
an issue for the ARMv7 bootstrap as thumb and non-thumb code interacts
smoothly. Rebuilding everything as ARM-32 may just as well wait until
the koji rebuild imho.

Regards
Henrik