[fedora-arm] Thumb fix available

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 18:56:29 UTC 2011

Folks,

We decided long ago[0] to disable Thumb/Thumb2 in the Fedora ARM world.
Due to the RPM macros being out of date, we were not actually disabling
the default provided by RPM itself, which views armv7hl as having
Thumb2. I have released an updated redhat-rpm-config package which
overrides this. It is now a pending update for Fedora 15 primary.

This is now manually tagged (well, copied really) into stage4 and should
be picked up on any of the active builders.

Due to the way that ARM interworking is implemented, we are able to
drop-in replace libraries and other code with non-Thumb versions and
nothing should break. Therefore, there is no panic. But this should help
fix the build problems we've been having with some packages. When we do
the mass rebuild in Koji, it will correctly have Thumb turned off.

Jon.

[0] And therefore there is no need for this thread to turn into a
bikeshedding exercise around comparing Thumb vs. no-Thumb :)