[fedora-arm] LLVM

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 15:36:47 UTC 2011

Hey aph,

Copying Fedora ARM public mailing list. See also #fedora-arm on Freenode
if you'd like to swing by and talk about Java packages :)

I need some advice. We're 13 packages shy of a minimal package set for
F15 (if we exclude things like Firefox and Open^WLibreOffice for now).
Here are the ones we're looking to build now:

  * busybox
      * docbook2X
      * gtkmm24
      * icu
      * java-1.5.0-gcj
      * java-1.6.0-openjdk
      * llvm
      * pax
      * perl-XML-LibXML
      * pki-core
      * sinjdoc
      * uuid
      * xerces-c

LLVM is there because I'm (perhaps naively) thinking this might be
required to get Shark working, if you're thinking that will work. If
we're just going to go with Zero for now, we don't need LLVM, right? Can
you perhaps let us know what you think you will need for Java? We're
happy to leave building of the Java bits to you if you'd like to poke,
but if we can avoid having to build LLVM in the short term, great :)

Thanks Andrew!

Jon.

P.S. Fedora ARM folks: meet Andrew, he's a Java guru :)