[fedora-arm] Status of SRPMs in stage4, with pretty colors

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Sep 29 08:47:17 UTC 2011

Many thanks! Very useful report. Actually had on my todo for some time
to do something similar to audit stage4 and very glad you have done it
already.

ons 2011-09-28 klockan 23:18 -0400 skrev DJ Delorie:

>   99 SRPMs are of the .0.armN variety (only 5 I couldn't find the
>      upstream to diff against)

Most of these are pending for being replaced by updated mainline F15
builds as they become available. But not all. Some coordination is
needed here to make sure all gets pushed to mainline.

>    3 SRPMs in stage 4 have the same NVR as GA/updates BUT DIFFER IN
>      CONTENT (glibc and gdesklets vs GA, crash has changelog diffs vs
>      development)

glibc appears to be an arm hacked one where no tag was added in Release.
Needs someone to take the changes and get them mainline.

gdesklets seems very odd that the .tar.gz differ. needs to be
investigated what happened and probably rebuilt to correct the
unexpected difference.

crash is the most recent mainline F15 build which adds arm support.

>    5 SRPMs match rawhide

All except ppl looks like F15 builds not yet in updates.

>   11 SRPMs show up in the builder queues ("others") but not upstream

Most seem to be F15 builds not yet in updates, but not all.

>    0 SRPMs that show up in the builder queues differ in content

?

is this matches between SRPMS* and stage4/ .src.rpm? Would be quite
worried if there was differences between those.

>   30 SRPMs I couldn't find outside stage4 (might be from an older
>      rawhide)

In those there is two main categories. Which one can be identified by
the name of the stage4 folder.

a) Packages thad did not have an f15 build and got their dist tag
modified by the build process. Identified by the folder name having a
different dist tag than the srpm.

To prune the list from false indications please do the following

* Use the name of the folder where the srpm is instead of the srpm. This
to prune out dist tag differences.

* Ignore the dist tag in the package name to further reduce false
mismatches in srpm names.

* For each remaining build in the list without an .armN tag, try
fetching the build from koji.

* remove the "other" category. it's not really interesting to compare
stage4 to what is in the different SRPM folders on arm-temp. Those
exists mainly to aid the build queue management and says very little
about the origin of the srpm.

The order in which to look for a matching package is

1. F15 GA  (OK)
2. F15 updates (OK)
3. F15 koji  (OK with remark)
4. F16 / rawhide koji. (needs to be merged to F15)

I do not think we should look for matches elsewhere, at least not for
categorization purposes.

and only look at current stage4 package versions. Some packages in
stage4 have been replaced by newer builds. The easiest way to get the
right list of  stage4 srpms is probably "repoquery -i stage4 -a --qf
%{sourcerpm} | sort -u"

Regards
Henrik