[fedora-arm] armv5tel F15 toolchain update

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 09:31:34 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 08:31 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:

> quick update as I know things are waiting on this..
>
> gcc-4.6.1 bootstrap built ok (with java as usual, without cloog due to
> circular dependency)
>
> then built libtool-2.4-6.fc15 which goes along with it
>
> then built cloog
>
> So far so good.
>
> Now rebuilding the real, unmodified gcc-4.6.1 from f15 mainline.

There is at least one ARM-specific gcc patch that we need.  Jakub has
it in his update, but AFAIK it's still not pushed because of delays in
testing.

You can tell if you have this patch by looking at
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi/x.x.x/libgcc_s.so

If it's a text file, you have the patch.  If it's not, some programs
mysteriously fail to link.

Andrew.