[fedora-arm] Anyone Out There Willing To Test A GUI Version Of Anaconda For Me?

Jon Chiappetta Jon.Chiappetta at senecacollege.ca
Sun Apr 8 23:47:46 UTC 2012

Can someone with a spare F17 (ARMv5 or ARMv7) machine, a network connection, and some sort of GUI capability try installing this package of Anaconda?
I can't promise any of this will work or even run but I'd be interested in hearing any success or failure test runs/cases.
The only system I could run this on at work is a Guru with F17 ARMv5 in text-mode which Anaconda sets to not show the package selection screen/part.

To download the v5 version of it:
# curl -sL 'http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=700146&name=anaconda-17.13-2.fc17.arm.7.armv5tel.rpm' -o ana.rpm

To download the v7 version of it:
# curl -sL 'http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=700145&name=anaconda-17.13-2.fc17.arm.7.armv7hl.rpm' -o ana.rpm

To install the file:
# rpm -i ana.rpm

If you run into dependency requirement install errors, you can get all of them in one command with:
# yum install -y `rpm -i ana.rpm 2>&1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`

To run it (I think...):
# anaconda