[fedora-arm] Anyone Out There Willing To Test A GUI Version Of Anaconda For Me?

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Apr 9 05:51:41 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 07:47 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> Can someone with a spare F17 (ARMv5 or ARMv7) machine, a network
> connection, and some sort of GUI capability try installing this package
> of Anaconda?
> I can't promise any of this will work or even run but I'd be interested
> in hearing any success or failure test runs/cases.
> The only system I could run this on at work is a Guru with F17 ARMv5 in
> text-mode which Anaconda sets to not show the package selection screen/part.
>
> To download the v5 version of it:
> # curl -sL
> 'http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=700146&name=anaconda-17.13-2.fc17.arm.7.armv5tel.rpm'
> -o ana.rpm
>
> To download the v7 version of it:
> # curl -sL
> 'http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=700145&name=anaconda-17.13-2.fc17.arm.7.armv7hl.rpm'
> -o ana.rpm
>
> To install the file:
> # rpm -i ana.rpm
>
> If you run into dependency requirement install errors, you can get all
> of them in one command with:
> # yum install -y `rpm -i ana.rpm 2>&1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`
>
> To run it (I think...):
> # anaconda

I gave it a go, your dep collecting commandline fragment also collects
the string Error: which grep -v : takes care of btw.

It does start in graphical mode, asks me what language to use, but when
I click Next on the default English (English), it pops up a box "An
error occurred when attempting to load an installer interface
component."  className = KeyboardWindow.  Then it's just Exit | Retry.

I guess there's some unspoken packaging dependency.

-Andy