[fedora-arm] How to get F17/F18 3.3+ kernels working

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 20:01:52 UTC 2012

Folks,

As those who follow me on the facegoogblogs will know, I've used the
nuclear option to track down what's causing the problem with 3.3+. I'll
spare you all the boring details (working on that) and just suggest that
you want to disable auditd if you want your system to boot 3.3. You can
either boot into rescue (which won't start auditd so you have a chance
to do this even on a system already only having a 3.3 kernel) or you can
boot an older kernel. Then just disable the auditd.service:

systemctl disable auditd.service

I'll get it working properly soon, auditing is important, yada yada...

Jon.