[fedora-arm] Some comments on bconoboy's trimslice images

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 12:51:36 UTC 2012

In general pretty good - they work well.  However there are a few
problems I encountered:

(1) There's no source for the boot scripts.  I think you should put
the source along side the binaries, in /boot/uboot.  I ended up using
'strings' and reconstructing them.

(2) The sda boot script works fine, however the mmc boot script fails.
'fatload mmc 0:1 ...' should be 'fatload mmc 1:1 ...' (in both places).

(3) If you have both images installed, then it boots one of them at
random, because it boots from 'root=LABEL=rootfs' which picks one of
the labelled root devices at random.

This is not a completely stupid configuration: you need to do this if
you're booting from a USB key and copying the mmc image to the
internal drive.  At some point you'll have a trimslice with both the
sda image and the mmc image.  Probably better to use UUIDs, or to have
different labels.

Rich.