[fedora-arm] self Introduction and doubts!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:55:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM, beyond.hack <beyond.hack at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello experts,
>
> Myself Saurabh Shandilya, an undergraduate from Electronics background, I am
> highly interested in developing and contributing anything to Fedora-arm.
> I am an Embedded Linux developer, ported linux and its few distros on ARM
> based single board computers like that of Beaglebone/board and have a
> programming experience  in blueboard etc..
>
> I am confused how to approach to contribute to the Fedora-arm and what all
> to learn for it..

It's hard to give you a list of things to do. The ARM component
operates in the same way as the rest of the project. There's a lot of
stuff to be done, almost an infinite list, so you need to have a look
around and work out what your interested in and get stuck in. It's
worth finding out when you do find something your interested in if
someone else is working on it so you can co-ordinate with them.

To give you some ideas we have some packages that need fixing [1]
including some that might need some coding done. There's kernel and HW
support that could be cleaned up and possibly support for new kernels
added or even kernel coding. There's packaging for things like HW
specific functionality and support. There's testing of Fedora on
various HW you might have and testing that all the functionality works
as expected from network to GPIO.

Ultimately you know what interests you so have a poke around and see
how you get on, I'm sure you'll find lots of stuff that can be done
:-)

Peter

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Fedora17_rawhide