[fedora-arm] Anyone working on Mele A1000 or Allwinner A10 CPU?

Steven A. Falco safalco at optonline.net
Sat Aug 4 17:17:25 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 09:37 AM, Jon wrote:
> Have tried to get the kernel to build, and I remember these sites were helpful.
>
> https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/Building_Debian_From_Source_Code_for_Mele/
>
> Make sure that cgroups are enabled in your kernel.
> Once you have the kernel build you can integrate with the latest userland image.
>
> Somebody on IRC suggested that the Allwinner patches may need
> improvement before they could be accepted upstream?
> It would be great if that happened, as Fedora only digests upstream kernel.
>
> Otherwise this could be a 3rd party spin like raspi?

I'll take a close look at the kernel patches over the next day
or two.  I am set up to cross-compile that, so it is mostly a
question of the required settings for Fedora.  Is there a minimum
allowed kernel version?  As in, nothing older than 3.xxx?  I ask
because I tried a 2.6.34.9 kernel with F17 on my Ionics, and got
lots of errors from udev and systemd.

Also, is there a preferred procedure for bootstrapping initramfs?
I assume the best way is to unpack an existing one, replace any
kernel modules, and repack.  I don't see a way to run dracut in
a cross-environment (i.e. from an x86).

	Steve