[fedora-arm] Koji Build Time Comparisons v3

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:27:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Jon Chiappetta
<Jon.Chiappetta at senecacollege.ca> wrote:
> Ok so my quest for more reasonable build time comparisons is still going. I
> must be really bad at this... So I tried two new versions of the script, one

Don't be hard on yourself. I don't think this task is easy.
Unfortunately for you (and me) I have the horrible ability to look at
koji build stuff and know pretty closely whether it looks sane or not.
This isn't your help, I just need to go and do something else :-P

At times as a programmer it's hard to see the forrest for the trees.
We'll get there.

> which just took PA's longest buildarch time and SA's shortest buildarch
> time, however, the overall times summed up turned out to be way too
> favorable on our behalf. The latest version now sums up the buildarch times
> and divides them by how many of them there were. I think its a bit better
> because the faster builders with faster build times will pull up the slower
> build times, essentially its just an average calculation. The offset now for
> us looks like around 15 days (half a month slower)? Anyway, the page is the

Interesting, that's currently probably about right with the current
set of builders. When we go to just yosemite/rainer builders I think
this will close out quite a bit which is why I'd be interested to see
in particular the guru/smarttop devices removed (and even the
cdot-panda* due to the nfs loopback because they're slow compared to
the hsv-panda* with the local usb disk).

> same. I still haven't filtered out our slowest builders from this list
> either so the number of days could probably go down if I did. Let me know if
> these numbers seem a bit more reasonable!

Looking good. It's interesting as it brings up some statistical
wierdness even on mainline [1] so it just goes to show it's not just
arm that has random builds :-)

Good work!
Peter

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4307238