[fedora-arm] pandaboard video output

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:51:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:55 AM, Jon <jdisnard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> #
>>> insmod /lib/modules/3.5.2-3.fc17.armv7hl.omap/kernel/drivers/staging/omapdrm/omapdrm.ko
>>> Error: could not insert
>>> module /lib/modules/3.5.2-3.fc17.armv7hl.omap/kernel/drivers/staging/omapdrm/omapdrm.ko:
>>> Unknown symbol in module
>>
>> you should just do "modprobe omapdrm" not insmod the .ko as it takes
>> care of its deps.
>>

> That worked, the omapdrm module loaded with modprobe.
> Unfortunately that does not cause the HDMI video to suddenly start working.
> Also, the path in sysfs was not present after loading the module:
>
> /sys/devices/platform/omapdrm.0

Thinking back to the 3.5 dev cycle in rawhide there was quite a bit of
churn in the OMAP video stuff to do with the DSS module, it's possible
we'll need to tweak the F-17 kernel build. Not sure if I'll get time
to do that this week.

I want to bring the config restructure back to F-17 but OMAP at least
has some issues with USB on that build so I need to get the time to
test all the various HW devices we vaguely support such as Panda,
Beagle, Trimslice, Highbank, and VExpress. We know the imx at least
vaguely works. For 3.5+ we really need to move to DeviceTree and I
wonder if that isn't at least part of the issue with the video on 3.5