[fedora-arm] Chrome web browser

David Rusling david.rusling at linaro.org
Tue Dec 4 22:22:14 UTC 2012

Tom,
	thanks for responding.  After looking at the Ubuntu bits, I think that sticking with the Fedora work that you've already done makes most sense
On 04/12/12 21:35, Tom Callaway wrote:

> On 12/04/2012 12:28 PM, David Rusling wrote:
>> All,
>> I'll probably blog this, but I've been doing a little bit of playing
>> trying to get the Chrome web browser built on F17.   The x86 source rpms
>> can be found at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chromium.   The list of
>> packages is:
> These are my packages, fwiw. :)

Indeed and many thanks

>> Attempting to build these (so far):
>>
>>    * jsoncpp - built, no modifications
>>    * v8 - missing dependencies
>>        o readline-devel is needed by v8-1:3.11.10.20-1.fc17.armv7hl
>>        o libicu-devel is needed by v8-1:3.11.10.20-1.fc17.armv7hl
>>        o builds after missing dependencies sorted
>>    * webrt
>>        o lots of missing dependencies, easy to fix with "yum install"
>>        o Compiles a lot then gives up with "error: unrecognized command
>>          line option '-msse2'" gcc option.  As this is an x86 compiler
>>          flag, should be easy to track down and remove.
> Might need a bit more than that, iirc. Google loves to do arm specific
> versons of code.

Yes, I've discovered more msse specifics in the code.  There are some webrt stuff on the web which look like they have working arm bits that might help

>>    * nacl-binutils- Architecture is not included: armv7hl
>>        o I'll try adding support for armv7hl into the spec file and see
>>          what happens next
> Should work. You'll need the other nacl bits too.

Yes, just not built them yet.

>>    * chromium -
>>    *
>>        o Architecture is not included: armv7hl
>>            + chromium.spec includes the line "ExclusiveArch:    %{ix86}
>>              arm x86_64"
>>            + Fixed this (by adding "armv7hl" to the list of architectures
>>              and it then fails because of build dependencies
> Yeah. I'm not sure if that is sufficient to make it build or not. I'd be
> willing to help out there, although, I don't have access to a good arm
> build env right now.

I'm sure that I'll find more.  I'm in the foothills of what is rapidly becoming a large mountain range.

>>    * chromium-ffmepegsumo
>>        o Missing ARM directories - the solution may be to use the
>>          'standard' ffmpeg library, but may miss some things
> I wouldn't do that. It probably won't work. It should be easy enough to
> add in the ARM bits. I just never bothered since it takes long enough to
> make those packages as-is.

Yes, that's what I'm finding.  Someone else somewhere has fixed some of the problems.  I can always ask Mans, he'll helpp.

Dave