[fedora-arm] Initial Chromebook install instructions

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 09:33:21 UTC 2012

On 12/06/2012 03:53 AM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 03:31 AM, David Rusling wrote:
>> Where are the official fedora-release packages?   Googling, I end up
>> at http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=92525, for
>> example.  I think that I'll upgrade to 18 this morning.
>
> Yup. I made it intentionally a bit obtuse so folks wouldn't hit the
> linker triplet prefix change upgrade problem we've seen. But do this:

Note that I suspect what happens is that the linker is changed prior to
the symlink, then the linker isn't present to run ln, so the link
doesn't get put in. I thought it was done early in the transaction or at
least in the package, but it's clear I (or someone) needs to double
check on glibc again and see if there's something to fix there. It would
be good if these kinds of hackish upgrades were easier to do.

Jon.