[fedora-arm] ARMv8 Bootstrap Project

Sean Omalley omalley_s at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:42:58 UTC 2012

From: Al Stone <ahs3 at redhat.com>
To: arm at lists.fedoraproject.org

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [fedora-arm] ARMv8 Bootstrap Project

> A little update on the network issue I keep running into with the
> model: it turns out the internal clock is not always updating properly
> so that the timestamps on network packets can get set just slightly
> wrong enough sometimes that the connection will hang or disconnect
> down at the socket level.  The net result is that distcc will now
> and then lose the connection to the host OS doing cross-compiles.
> Last I heard, this is something being looked into by ARM.

I am having a similar issue with the raspi. Trying to compile the kernel via a long ssh session.
It will disconnect, and sometimes even grab a different IP# usually after a number of hours.

I thought it might be a dhcp lease renew issue or a usb/ethernet adapter issue as you might suspect a different mac address too, but ntp maybe doing an update and causing the freeze. If i do an ntpdate with a newer time, it will set off the screen lock because it thinks you were idle that whole time.