[fedora-arm] F-18: sshd enabled by default + firewalld

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 19:01:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 12/20/2012 06:07 PM, Jon wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com <mailto:hdegoede at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>

>     On 12/20/2012 01:55 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>         On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com <mailto:hdegoede at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>             Hi,
>
>             Our F-18 images have sshd enabled by default, but blocked by
>             firewalld is this intentional?
>

>         Probably not, I think we likely just need to add the appropriate
>         snippet to the kickstart to ensure it's allowed through.
>

>     Ok, so where do we track these kind of issues? I've tried using
>     the fedora-arm fedorahosted tracker for a Raspberry Pi issue
>     (enabling the watchdog kernel module in the kernel), but that feels
>     as if it has fallen into a black hole.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Hans
>     ____
>

> Hello Hans,
>
> Just installed f18-tc3-beta on a pandaboard and sshd post 22 is open.
>
> The only way I could imagine this happening is if the network did not come up *before( firewalld/iptables.
> [speculation]

I was using an older rootfs, which is made by yum upgrading from
F-17 I've been told, which could explain this. I'll retest with an
TC-3 based image.

> What board are you testing with?

mk802-ii (Allwinner A10 based) with F-18 rootfs +
uboot and kernel from the linux-sunxi project, which is basically
the place were all open A10 based development is happening.

As said in other threads I hope to make Fedora-18 images for
A10 based devices available soon-ish.

Regards,

Hans