[fedora-arm] supported hardware

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 23 17:44:46 UTC 2012

Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> What about support for the various Marvell plug computers?
>>
>> I would hope that these are supported!  They are still Armv5 hardware
>> (Kirkwood?)
>
> The HW will still be supported but there's apparently some interesting
> changes that need to be made with jtags in some cases. By "support" we
> mean "here's an image and you do this with livecd-tools to a SD card,
> plug it in and boot" as opposed to devices being able to be made to
> work by some more complex means. IE Supported devices for basic users.

Sure.  The Plug computers will never be as easy as devices with a UI.
But it would still be nice to at least be able to say "install this root
FS onto an SD / USB drive and then do X, Y, and Z in your Uboot config
to get it to boot".  And have the kernel be on the SD/USB instead of
nand flash.  (I'm pretty sure that the plugs can boot off SD or USB).

> Peter

-derek