[fedora-arm] An alpha ARM full of Beefy Miracle (AKA Fedora 17 on ARM alpha 1)

Andrew Wafaa awafaa at opensuse.org
Thu Mar 1 10:39:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 09:49 +0000, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Very cool! Downloading now, but I only have access to my Genesi
> SmartBook for the next weeks, which may provide some difficulties? I
> guess I'm now forced to find out which patches are needed to get the
> display working reliably.

Unfortunately Genesi are still working on an open driver that can be
upstreamed for 3.x on the iMX51. I'm not sure if they'll be able to get
it out in time for either F17 or openSUSE 12.2. We (openSUSE) can only
get a display working if we use the old 2.6.x kernel and even then use
their kernel tree.

Half the issue is Freescale have shifted all their focus onto the iMX6
and so Genesi are fighting uphill, but they are making progress.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa