[fedora-arm] rawhide package build updates and problems

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Thu Mar 1 15:01:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 14:18 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> The next 3 packages I can already hear the groans about:
> - prelink - I know we don't really care about it but unfortunately a
> number of packages depend on it. It's broken upstream so if someone
> could poke Jakub to glue it back together that would be grand.
> - valgrind - I've managed to get it to build on hardfp locally so I
> suspect it's mostly a case of looking at the crack that's in the spec
> to get the right combo. I've not had much luck unfortunately
> - systemtap - I think this might depend on java so really not too sure here.

It doesn't depend on java (but java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel has systemtap
scripts and build depends on systemtap-sdt-devel). The
systemtap-testsuite package depends on prelink, but this has recently
been disabled upstream for arches that don't support prelink. So we can
wait till prelink is fixed and then systemtap should just build as is.
Or we can temporarily disable the prelink dependency.

Cheers,

Mark