[fedora-arm] RHEL6 ARM Port

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Mon Mar 5 13:30:31 UTC 2012

On 05/03/12 10:39, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> It's not RHEL-6, I believe you've been asked on at least one other
>> occasion not to call it that.
>

> You are right, it is RedSleeve :-)
>

> http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2012-January/001559.html
>

> "Once I get the RedSleeve (RHEL6 ARM port) released (working on the graphics/logos now, the distro is otherwise ready - I have to replace  all the RH branding)"
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Guillaume FORTAINE
>

>> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:12:51 +0000
>> From: pbrobinson at gmail.com
>> To: gordan at bobich.net
>> CC: arm at lists.fedoraproject.org
>> Subject: Re: [fedora-arm] RHEL6 ARM Port
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> In case anyone here is interested, a beta of my port of RHEL6 to ARM is now
>>> available:
>>
>> It's not RHEL-6, I believe you've been asked on at least one other
>> occasion not to call it that.
>>
>>> http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/yum/os/
>>>
>>> There are a few things missing (eclipse and OpenOffice off the top of my
>>> head), but it is usable for most things. Note that packages aren't signed
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> Gordan
All very nice and all, that you are porting this, however, why not
contribute to F17 and beyond, because then we might/will end up with a
proper RHEL/CentOS ARM version sooner. There has been a buzz in the past
about low power usage, performance multi-core arm chips, which can be
stacked in racks.

Still an interesting effort though.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org