[fedora-arm] ARM and shipping of various binary firmware / boot bits

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 03:02:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:27:36 -0600
> Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

>> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:57:44 -0600
>> Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

>> > while a bit ugly
>> > http://ausil.us/packages/x-loader-1-1.fc15.src.rpm
>> > http://ausil.us/packages/x-loader.spec
>> >
>> > and a binary compiled version
>> > http://ausil.us/packages/x-loader-1-1.fc15.armv7hl.rpm
>> >
>> > ive not yet tested that the built versions will actually load uboot
>> > to boot a system
>> >
>> > it builds and packages up the MLO x-load.bin x-load.bin.ift for the
>> > supported boards from the git tree at
>> > git://gitorious.org/x-loader/x-loader.git
>> >
>> > two of the boards failed to build. likely this will need a little
>> > work still and we probably only want to build the beagle and panda
>> > board versions since they are hardware we intend to support.
>> >
>> > But the raspberry pi is a different beast and will likely need the
>> > board to grant an exception.
>> >
>> > Dennis
>>
>> also a quick hack on the uboot-tools spec to have it just build a
>> panda board uboot
>>
>> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-panda-2011.03-1.fc18.src.rpm
>> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-panda.spec
>>
>> and a scratch build of it
>> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=578299
>>

> to further follow up ive updated uboot to 2011.12 release from 2011.03
> tools have been built on primary arches
>
> uboot-panda:
> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-panda-2011.12-1.fc18.src.rpm
> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-panda.spec
> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=578641
>
> uboot-origen:
> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-origen-2011.12-1.fc18.src.rpm
> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-origen.spec
> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=578843
>
> uboot-beagle:
> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-beagle-2011.12-1.fc18.src.rpm
> http://ausil.us/packages/uboot-beagle.spec
> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=578937

Some pretty important beagle cherry picks, you guys should look at for
the Beagle family:

support the real c4: (this was missed in the X-Loader -> U-boot conversion..)
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=223b8aa42c0f4bf9b4a7a71c16d0f67b5faf5045

fix mmc timeout messages on the xM:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=a7778f8fbee098c78b1fa1e1331313a7e217fb30

leave cache enabled (there's about a 50% speed hit without this patch,
kernel 3.2.x, gcc regression testing)
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=f1f2c3ca9f837985cc1f4bc3821ac1763430cdcf

Regards,
--