[fedora-arm] F17 snapshot images

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 06:20:11 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I've put together a script to create up-to-date F17 snapshot images and
am storing the result on my people page.  These are based on Peter's F17
alpha1 images with the following changes:

There is a tarball without any kernels included.

There is a tarball with uBoot-wrapped kernels included (should have
everything you need without messy mkimage commands).  The armhfp version
includes tegra, omap and imx kernels.  The arm version includes kirkwood.

There are bzcat+dd images for Tegra and OMAP- no partitioning necessary
to get started.  These decompress to 8GB- if you have a larger storage
device resize2fs is your friend.

The files are currently uploading and will be entirely there in a few
more minutes.  You can get the latest at:

http://blc.fedorapeople.org/fedora-arm/f17/

This is very much a work in progress, completely unofficial, largely
untested, but hopefully useful.  Feel free to send me feedback.  Enjoy,

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com