[fedora-arm] quick update on clang/llvm

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon May 7 22:29:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com> wrote:
> What I can do is get the root filesystem dsd sent to stall the exact
> test he was experiencing, on my same system. So hmm...makes me think
> some weird code generation - I'll check the binaries. I can at least use
> that filesystem to figure out what's happening. I didn't get chance over
> the weekend to throw a lot more time at it (you know, it being a weekend
> and all) but I did spend some time reading up on LLVM and Clang design,
> setup some stuff, and I'm in a good place to work this a bit this week.
> If someone else has more time, please let me know.

Peter mentioned on IRC that we've gone for the approach of skipping
the tests on ARM for now. I think this makes sense.

As for getting back to the problem, I was thinking more or less on the
same lines. I was going to try doing a F18 build on the same host
(which should succeed), but keeping the buildroot. Then we'd have
several experiments to run - e.g. moving the good/bad llvm from one
root to the other, taking the libc from f18 and putting it in F17,
etc.

Daniel