[fedora-arm] Debugging our kernels under qemu + gdb

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Fri May 11 20:41:43 UTC 2012

> Has anyone tried to debug our Fedora/arm kernels under qemu-system-arm?
> (In this case, the host is also arm, but I don't think that matters.)

Richard,

FYI, we as of a few hours ago have nearly-official F17-beta images for
versatile express on the following page:

http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/arm-nightlies/

There's a link for vexpress and vexpress+x rootfs images.  A second link
provides a kernel, initramfs, and script for starting qemu.  Note that
vexpress is much faster than versatile and allows more ram (1GB).
Recommend you try this out!

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com