[fedora-arm] TI Pandaboard ES

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue May 29 06:59:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Michal Toman <mtoman at redhat.com> wrote:

> Actually the upstream kernel works. I was trying with a minimalistic
> system (kernel 3.3 + busybox, both build from upstream sources) and even
> the framebuffer seemed to work fine.

The guy from Sony who had kernel 3.4 RT working on the PandaBoard told me
this

---

If your board hangs on boot, you may get more error messages to
figure out what the problem is if you enable:

 CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL
 CONFIG_DEBUG_LL
 CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK

If it makes any difference, my environment is:

  I use omap2plus_defconfig as my base config, then enable a few
  extra items so I'll have ethernet:

    CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD
    CONFIG_USB_NET_SMSC95XX

  and I enable real time because that is what I am working on:

    CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL

  My root file system is NFS mounted from a server.
---

Don't know if this helps or tells anything new. (I only compiled the kernel
on my own once, it was Caldera OpenLinux 2.3, go figure ;). So I'm not well
versed on kernel switching, much less compiling and even less hacking :).

FC
act
- George Orwell