[fedora-arm] Discussion - F17 GA release for ARM

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:54:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Rich Mattes <richmattes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Paul Whalen <pwhalen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> We have built 96% of F17, with
>> approximately 85 packages missing and 188 missing builds (this including
>> many
>> packages that have 1 or more builds in between what we have versus PA).
>> Here is the full list:
>> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/status/f17-missing-2012-05-30.cgi
>>

> Is this an apples-to-apples comparison of packages between the arm
> repositories and the f17 "fedora" repository?  Or are you taking into
> account packages that don't build for arm due to exclusivearch/excludearch,
> and all of the packages that depend on them?

Packages are mostly complete. Those that aren't built for F-17 on ARM
come down to 3 categories:
1) Not supported on ARM - mostly due to non ARM HW but a few others
2) are FTBFS on mainline F-17
3) have dep issues due to 2)

but then a whole bunch of packages built on an architecture don't make
a usable release, there's other criteria too.