[fedora-arm] Discussion - F17 GA release for ARM

Steve McIntyre steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
Thu May 31 08:25:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 09:19:51AM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
>On 05/31/2012 09:03 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>  * the compat symlink on its own isn't enough, changing the filename
>>    means the soname has changed too.
>
>Oh, yuck.  I don't remember anyone thinking about that during
>the meeting.  :-(

Agreed. :-(

It's something that came up when Adam worked on the Ubuntu toolchain
changes. It's a *grotty* hack, I know, but it's the easiest solution
to support what's needed without forcing everybody to rebuild the
world overnight.

Cheers,
Steve McIntyre                                steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs