[fedora-arm] Discussion - F17 GA release for ARM

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:54:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> El Wed, 30 May 2012 14:52:20 -0400 (EDT)
> Paul Whalen <pwhalen at redhat.com> escribió:
>> Good day all,
>>
>> As many of you are aware we are not holding the Fedora ARM meeting
>> this week, but shall return to our regular time next Wednesday June
>> 6th.
>>
>> Congratulations to the primary architectures for their GA release of
>> Fedora 17 on May 29th. With the successful release of the Fedora 17
>> Beta for ARM last week, its now time to turn our attention to the GA
>> release and what is currently blocking our progress. We have built
>> 96% of F17, with approximately 85 packages missing and 188 missing
>> builds (this including many packages that have 1 or more builds in
>> between what we have versus PA). Here is the full list:
>> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/status/f17-missing-2012-05-30.cgi
>>
>> Work is still under way on the kernel for the Pandaboard, but all
>> other release criteria from our Alpha and Beta have been met. Please
>> take a moment to review the criteria for the final here:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Quality_Assurance/Final_Release_Criteria
>>
>> Let's begin the discussion on the list - What do you foresee blocking
>> us from our final release of F17?
>
> As i see it for ga release we need to have the 85 older builds built at
> the same or newer nvr as primary. we need to have a working kernel on
> pandaboard, ideally that includes working omapdrm. all blocker bugs
> resolved and qa test matrices to be complete.

The vast majority of the "older" builds are FTBFS on mainline and on
mainline have fc16 or pre gcc 4.7 fc17 builds so in the vast majority
of these cases they're not going to be able to be fixed in the f-17
gold and actually need upstream maintainers to fix the packages. I
don't see that most of those are actually builds we can fix at the
current stage of play. I can provide a list of those if it helps.