[fedora-arm] OpenMPI atomics patch

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 18:15:04 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 03:56 AM, Jon Masters wrote:

> This is an ugly kludge with some hand crafted assembly, but it builds
> locally, and I think the scratch build should succeed this time. Note, I
> was confused by the fact that there are at least *two* different sets of
> atomics implemented in OMPI (it's a mess). With this, both are now
> fixed, regardless of which compiler is being used.

I've updated the patch, following useful feedback from Nicolas Pitre.
There is at least one bug in the current code (r3 clobbering, bad use of
r12 because I knew it wasn't touched and didn't want to save it, which
was just plain lazy and shouldn't have been done). I've tested these
fixes in a little test harness and have a scratch going now:

http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1250144

Assuming that completes ok, let's pull this newer version in. Note that
a previous scratch build failed due to being unable to make a buildroot.
There's something up on a few builders I think.

Jon.